Re: Heroquesting

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:51:29 -0400

SNAPPY1988_at_... wrote:

> I have a few questions about heroquesting
> 1.Which quests test what

You really don't know. But read the descriptions of the quest, and you can usually figure it out. For example, Uralda tests Animal, probably Custom, probably Combat, requires a female godtalker.

All Quests test Magic as their primary. Magic is the key.

> 2.does the number of people you have to propel you into the heroplane affect
> the quest

Yes! That's why having a tribe with Assistants is so powerful. Also, getting tribe memebers to help you doesn't cost a favor. Presumably you are doing hte same for them.

> 3.does having a shrine or having made sacrifices to the god in the past year
> help

We think so. Doing things that reflect that virtue you are trying for helps. Eg, raiding when you do humakt, Cattle raiding before Orlanth, NOT raiding before Chalana A. We think.

> 4.Does the season you preform the heroquest help or is it just Symbolic
> (Orlanth an Akora in storm season for example)

Yes, as far as I can tell. Earth is best for Ernalda. Fire for Elmal. I suspect Uralda is best in Sea.

> And finally, are there any cheats for KoDP

Someone had hacked an a 'this is a powerful clan' save file. But there's no god-mode I am aware of. Gotta slug your way though the hard way.

Jeff