Re: [KODP] : Good review in MacGaming.

From: Matthew Thale <mattt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:58:25 -0700

>On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Matthew Thale wrote:
>
>> For the rest of your comments, I shall not make any comment beyond
>> the obvious statement that I disagree with your assessment.
>
>Look at the numbers. If a game is only in the mac ghetto, it will have
>smaller sales than if it's generally known to run well on other machines.

I made a mistake in responding to this thread in a public forum. My apologies to all for rising to the bait and cluttering the bandwidth of the list with non-KoDP topics.

One more post on this topic, and then I'll go back to lurking.

KoDP's sales are going to be limited no matter what platform it runs on. It isn't one of the standard games on the market with killer 3D graphics, high speed twitch gaming and all of the rest.

KoDP runs on my Mac, making it a Mac game in my eyes. For all I know, A# could have shipped me the only Mac only copy of the CD...

And, although it hurts me to agree, I agree that a Mac only title will sell fewer copies than one that runs on multiple platforms. I responded in anger at your disparaging comments toward the Mac and didn't fully think about my answer. It appears that you were trolling for a response and you caught me. I still believe that making a Mac only product is a viable option if you want to make a profit, but this isn't the forum in which this sort of discussion needs to be aired.

Bryan (I think that is the first name that goes along with bjm10_at_...), If you want to continue the marketing discussion, then lets do it off list so as not to bother the others.

Later,
-Matt Thale
mattt_at_...