The waiting game.....

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

*sigh* While I generally love this game, I must admit that the stretch between becoming tribal king and the endgame starting is probably the least enthralling part of it. At the start of the game you are trying desperately to survive, then to build a tribe. Once you build the tribe you are building your strength to become tribal king, and completing the required heroquests. Then...........you wait, and try not to screw up.

Your defences are good, so raids are more annoying than disastrous, you have plenty of trade routes, so you are wealthy in goods. You are loaded down with temples (and watching your sheep stock dwindle!). You know all or almost all the blessings. Your food situation is solidly in the black. In short, there is very little to threaten you anymore. You have to pay attention to keep clan and tribal mood good, but you have the resources to do this if you put your mind to it. Random events can make life a little more challenging (like the kinslaying we just went through!), but sometimes I find the hardest part is finding people to raid often enough to keep our war magic strong.

I suppose I'm supposed to be building up even more strength for the grand finale, but to be honest I'm not too sure in what way. How many treasures do you need, anyway? I suppose our cattle herds could stand to be bigger. Of course you pour magic into heroism. Have lots of allies. What else?

I guess what I'm looking for here is: am I missing something? Is there something important I should be doing right now? Or is it simply that this is the quiet part of the game, where you get to sit back and cruise for a while?

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com