Re: Best Quest

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

Spoiler Space inserted.

Dave wrote:
"My belief is the Healer godess' quest that stops all
your feuds and the Knowing god's quest that strengthens the members of the ring are the two most powerfull tools in the game.

I'm sure opinions about this vary, what's yours?"

The Challana Arroy quest, aka the "peace bomb" is certainly incredibly powerful. Obviously it is most powerful if you have bad relations already. I used it one time when I was up to four feuds and on the cusp of a fifth, which has to amount abuse of the power of that quest. On the other hand, there are other ways to get good relations. I think the peace bomb is most valuable on the hard setting, where you start with three feuds and with less resources.

On the other hand, for long term impact, Issaries
"improve our trade relations" and Elmal "help defend
us when we are attacked" and Ernalda "improve crop yields" are also all huge, since over a number of years they can have a huge impact on your over all wealth. They may not cause the same abrupt swing in your fortunes, but those are the the three that I'm most inclined to attempt in my first few years of the game.

Obviously, that is just my opinion, and is a result of my play style.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com