Long Game timing

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:43:38 -0400

Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...> wrote:

> David Short <David.short_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > I've had games where this period was very short and
> > then games where it went on, and on. Not sure what
> > the difference is.
>
> Hmmm, I'd love input from anyone else on this--do you
> see any common factors in games where the end came on
> quickly?

IMO, it's random. Most of the games I've played it's almost a generation, i.e., the second generation of ring members are starting to get creaky and a third is just over the horizon. Some firsters left. It's possible to win with a first generation chief, but they will be in excess of 70 or 80 by the end of the game.

Kind Regards,
Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca