Boosting abilities; 7 different worshippers on the ring; Tribal regalia; Sacrifices (long)

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:13:06 +0300

>-Then, once you have a war leader with excellent
>combat, you can consider doing a more general quest to
>boost up other leaders too.

No, I have a better idea. Select somebody who is young, and has high skills. Ignore the god he/she worships. If you cant find somebody young with high enough skills, you can take somebody older, but never take anybody older than 30.

Now, have him do some heroquesting. A lot. Always choose the 'make the quester wiser' option. The 'Forming of the Storm Tribe' and 'Lhankor Mhy finds the Truth" are easy quests, which you can use to pump up the 'Chosen One' to the Heroic range.

Boost all the abilities at least to Excellent, and preferrably Heroic. Make this person your clan leader, and have him elected as the Tribal King. When he starts getting old, save at the Sacred Time screen. Death for natural causes is 'rolled' at the beginning of the Sea season, so if the Chosen One kicks the bucket, just reload and try again.

You should be able to keep the Chosen One alive until he becomes the King Of Dragon Pass, but just in case, there are two ways to be sure.

The most obvious one is, of course, saving often. Save each season, and reload the second something bad happens to him. Unfortunately, since the save/load algorithms used are buggy, this might not be the wisest thing. Information often 'leaks' from one game to another. I suspect the 'Ghost Temple' bug has something to do with constant reloading - at the end of my last game, I had about ten temples for Urox in my Sacred Time screen. That was pretty annoying.

The other solution is also simple. Once your king gets to the Excellent - Heroic range, start looking for a new youth to become the second Chosen One. Since your first Chosen One is already around 40-60 at this phase, it is adviced especially if you dont want to reload in case of a natural death.

With this technique, I got twice a Barntar king. Since the Chosen One also gets really strong, there is nothing stopping you from doing two Heroquests each year. Heck, I think I even did three in one game!

In addition, I'd like to say that the need to have worshippers for each of the seven Lightbringers on the Ring is being over-estimated. I almost never have them all on the Ring. Who cares about the god they worship? As long as they have good skills, welcome to the Ring! (With the expection of Chalana Arroy and Eurmal - Since my clan seems to get often sick for some reason, I want a healer and the ring, and Eurmal - well, the events caused by having a Trickster on the ring, and then input he gives are so funny that I want him!)

Then, whats the advantage of having a larger Tribal regalia?

One more thing. I'd like to have the ability to sacrifice more than 50 goods. Normally, 50 is all good and well, but when sacrificing to Chalana Arroy, I just never get her to heal more than 75 people. When I've got 280 sick, it takes 280 / 75 = 3.7 = 4 actions to heal them all, and meanwhile 30 others usually get sick. Kinda annoying...

Tspro_at_... (ICQ 18051088.)
Visit now! http://www.thehungersite.com/

"Now you see that evil will always win, because good is dumb."