Re: all in one year (Or, Ernalda Hates Me, This I Know)

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 10:03:36 -0400

At 06:48 AM 05/08/2000 -0700, Bryan Thexton wrote:
>You could be a victim of awful luck, but I have a
>couple of quick questions too:
>- did you have any out of clan helpers?
Yes.

>- had you made any sacrifices to Ernalda/Orlanth in
>the years prior to their quests?

Dunno. Probably not. I don't believe there's any reason to think this helps; in fact, didn't David say outright that it didn't?

>- did you know both levels of the Ernalda myth?
Yes.

>> I should have added that I was low on cows anyhow,
>
>I find the mid-late game can be a real bugger for
>cows. You are right, nobody will trade them to you.

Yes. What IS up with that? Is it supposed to simulate something? Surely, when people are more prosperous in the later period, they ought to be MORE willing to sell cows than earlier on, when everyone is just starting out.

>Of course, there is the usual
>advice about maxing out in herds each sacred time,
Did that.

>having an Uraldan on the ring if possible,
No Uraldan for 20+ years.

>having the best animals skill on the ring,
Did that.

--M