tribe making

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:30:39 -0700 (PDT)

This much I know:
-the game offers you a choice of 9 clans at a time to
negotiate with about making a tribe.
-the initial 9 clans are, very roughly speaking, the
closest 9 to you.
-As you take clans off of the list, it adds new clans.

Now, it is at this point that I get confused. With my current clan, I was rather upset not to see the Wildcat clan on the original list, as we'd been cultivating good relations with them. However, after we'd come to agreements with our first clan, they came onto the list--great.

We didn't go off to see them right away, however, as we also had a couple of other clans we'd been sucking up to, errr, buttering up, errrr, showing our kingly generosity to *grin.* We complete those negotiations, and find that while some new, more distant, clans have been added to the list, the Wildcat have now fallen off of the list? What the ????

Now, since have pretty much every other clan in Dragon Pass either coming to the moot or on the list, we just have to knock another clan off of the list one way or another and hopefully the Wildcat will come back on, but I just found it really, really, bizarrre that their status changed like that.

The only explanation that I can think of is that after choosing our third clan to negotiate with, but before performing the negotiations, we elected to show everyone our kingly might by justly siezing some land that was not being put to good use by the Badger clan.

One other question while I'm on the subject: has anyone found if it makes any difference the order that you go through the various options on the negotiating screen? I'm always reluctant to press demands until we've given gifts and made concessions, but sometimes the other clan is so eager at that point they agree to come to the moot before we've had a chance to explain what they should do to support the tribe.

Well, maybe not the most exciting questions, but the list has been dead for a few days, so at least this is something.

Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/