Bad traders

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 07:50:58 -0700 (PDT)

Most of you are probably familiar with the event where another clan shows up claiming one of your ring members traded them a bunch of mangy cows, and they demand compensation both for the initial cows and some more that became infected.

Normally, when this comes up, I forbid that ring member from making any more trades (note that this doesn't seem to stop them forever, but it seems to keep the event away for quite a number of years)

This game, I have a real problem--the person making these unethical trades is none other than our chief clan trader, an Issaries worshipper with renowned bargaining AND renowned combat. You can see why I would hate to remove him from the ring, he actually gets our caravans through bandit problems quite reliably (and makes a good explorer when I'm willing to risk him). But I can hardly prohibit him from making trade deals and then send him out on trading missions :(

Other than forbidding them to make trades, has anyone found an effective way to stop these bad traders from being so uscrupulous? I've already paid out 40 cows in compensation for this clown, and if he keeps it up I'm going to have to replace him (or send him to explor Skyfall Lake.....).

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com