treasure-grubbing dwarves.

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:19:37 -0700 (PDT)

Up until my current game, I'd had essentially no interactions with the dwarves. Once with a previous we had some explorers fall down a hidden entrance to the dwarf caves, but we never pursued the relationship, and neither did they after we spurned some free-thinkers.

This suited me fine.

This game, however, I'm seeing a lot of the dwarves. Not that
I'm happy about it. I don't know if it is random, or because for the first time our explorers found the front door entrance to
the dwarf hold, but three times now dwarfs have shown up demanding one of our treasures!

Fortunately, so far the treasures they have demanded have all been ones we didn't mind too much giving up
(board of nails once we were well enough established
that the carls were quite happy, the grey net that we were seldom apt to use, and so on). Still, treasures are treasures. Sure, the give us stuff in return, but generally only 20 - 30 cows worth of goods-way below market value! One time they also gave us a treasure
(necklace of axes, which we promptly traded away), but
the other two times they didn't.

So, besides whining and complaining about rapacious dwarves, I actually want to ask two questions:

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/