Re: Re: I did it!

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:27:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm, I find the Ernalda quest one of the most reliable, for any benefit! Well, at least if I have a good Ernaldan.

Note that the downside of the quest varies depending on what benefit you are seeking, so it makes sense that the difficulty varies too. i.e. there is usually no penalty (aside from a hurt or dead quester and lost magic points) to failing a quest to gain a treasure, but failing in a quest to cheer up the carls will make their mood even worse. Hence, it makes sense that it be a bit harder to get the treasure.

> I wonder if there are several factors at work.
> These could include
> the composition of your council; the choice of god
> you first
> worshipped; 3) the size of worshipping structure
> you've built to a
> god; the number of sacrifices you've sent to that
> god; time of year;
> candidate; your tribal actions (how many farmers
> you've got, how many
> raids you've performed, etc).

Certainly some factors make a big difference. Doing a quest when it is appropriate seems to really help. Your sacred times magic seems to be a big factor sometimes too. For example, I've never succeeded in the Challana Arroy quest when I had any magic assigned to war. Conversely, if I have a Challana Arroy quester with excellent or better magic who is on the ring, assign no magic to war, max magic to healing, and haven't raided for a bit, I almost always succeed.

I don't know all of the factors that make each quest easier, but I find a general policy of spending a full year trying to please that god as much as possible prior to the quest seems to help. Some of my actions are no doubt "wasted," but that is a small investment for a succesful quest. Also, of course, it helps to have the right quester.....if you have no Uraldans, and no female with decent combat or animals skill skill, no matter what the Uralda quest will be hard!

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com/