Re: history; Colymar; Kallyr

From: David Short <David.short_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 09:31:47 -0400

> From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
>Subject: Re: history; Colymar; Kallyr
>
>Captain Button
>
>> in the "official" version of Glorantha, Sartar doesn't
>> marry the Feathered Horse Queen until 1495, 165 years after the
>> start of KoDP.
>
>And if memory serves, the Battle of Falling hills takes place 10
>years later (we moved it for dramatic reasons). KoDP is an accurate
>portrayal of the Heortling colonists, but it's not intended to simply
>recreate the exact history.

My point was that I've waited long enough in both games to see SOME sign of the end game. Perhaps I just missed it and don't know it.

>> Yes, you MUST found your own Tribe. I think that's hinted at pretty
>> heavily in the rules amd startup.
>
>It should be possible to win as the Colymar, but it's always possible
>there's a bug with this route. I *think* David has said he was using
>an update that fixed the problem where sometimes the endgame never
>appeared.

Hate to disappoint, but I'm using 1.4. The first one was at 1.3. I'm a loyal fan and downloaded the patches as you mentioned them.

Again I really like the game. When I finally win a hard/long/no save game, you'll hear about it. I find it frustrating that both of my best attempts ended up in unwinnable cul-de-sacs and I can't really figure out what I did wrong and the game doesn't tell me I'm off track and unwinnable. Again, I really like the game.

BTW this is the same game where "I got the XXX has returned from the godplane where she went missing several years ago." event and XXX is in my leader list but greyed out and listed as dead.

dfs