Surfin' Orlanthi

From: Captain Button <button_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:42:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Thomas McVey wrote:

[ snip ]

> > Obviously they are artistic types from Hollywood.
>
> So their treasure would be Magic White Nose Powder, then?

Of course. Brought in by Black Fang Brotherhood from Jrustela

> > Californian Orlanthi
>
> Southern Californian Orlanthi, thank you very much. They'll probably
> steal the clan's water, while they're at it.
>
> Now, Northern Californian Orlanthi would outbid your clan on the
> sacrificial rents given to the god of your tula, put in a shrine to
> Arachne Solara for a connection to the Cosmic Net, and then float their
> clan on the Glamour Stock Market.

Is this one of those big regional differences, like the Animal Nomads vs the Pentiums, err, Pentans?

> > Probably going to go surf on the River Styx....
>
> Little Deuce Chariot, you don't know what I've got... (any Beach Boys fans?)

% We had Sun, Sun, Sun till Orlanthi took SkyFather Away... %

> Anyway, has anyone had a party return from questing with these weird Orlanthi?

I sent Kallyr and a bunch of weaponthanes with them, but no one came back.

BTW a trick to greatly increase your number of weaponthanes:

Send all or almost all of your weaponthanes on an event or an expedition or such.

Then recruit more while they are gone, you will be able to recruit more easily.

When/if they get back you may 1.5 to twice as many as you started with.

There is a risk of course, if you are raided in the middle of this process...

--
Once is happenstance.
Twice is coincidence.