Similarities: KoDP & Genghis Khan II

From: olmi <olmi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:06:46 +0300

When I first played Kodp I felt like I was playing *much* improved version of Genghis Khan II.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities with few KOEI games as Genghis Khan II and the great Romance of the 3 Kingdoms series.

I wonder if the GK2 has been giving any inspiration when developing the Kodp. It would not be any shame to Kodp if it would turn out so...

Someday I would Love to see a good Lovecraftian/Cthulhu computer game. I think that Hounds Of Shadow (EA/Eldritch Games) was a promising effort, but got never developed any futher.

Is there any *public* information available about how the Kodp sales have been over the world? And has it been more popular on Mac or on PC?

Somehow here In Finland the KoDP was not reviewed in our main games magazine (Pelit) at all, and it is big miss on Finland's (little?) scale. Almost every published games gets the review. In second important PC games magazine (MikroBitti) it was somewhat praised for it's originality. I myself marched straight to the shop after I saw the review.

All the Best
Timi Hagelberg
Helsinki, Finland