History Filter

From: Phil Hibbs <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:29:07 -0000

New on my website http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/kodp/

Ever been playing a game of KoDP, and in the middle of an event, thought "Blue Spruce? Who are they? Weren't they the ones that ... no,
I can't remember - should I be polite to them, or do we dislike them? Are they anywhere near me?" Well, it can be difficult. I can't help with the location of the clan, but you can do that yourself by occasionally using PrintScreen on the map screen, and pasting the image into a graphics app. However, I have written a Perl script that prints out the paragraphs that match against a given pattern. For example: [perl kodps.pl "blue spruce"] will print all of the paragraphs that contain the phrase blue spruce. It isn't case sensitive, and you might want to put [| more] at the end to break it into screenfuls. It does do word wrapping, though, and displays the year before the paragraphs pertaining to the query. Perl is available from http://www.activestate.com/ for Win32, and is available for Mac as well, try looking through
http://www.perl.com/CPAN/ports/index.html.

Phil.