Re: size of Tribal Ring?

From: Dave Harper <dharper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 13:22:06 -0400

> Thanks for the replies, but what I really meant (given
> that this is the KODP mailing list, not herowards or
> gloranthan digest) was: "How big is the tribal ring
> used by the KODP game?"

        I don't know how helpful this will be, but:

        The first time I tried to make a tribe, I invited in all nine of my immediate neighbours. Many of them asked for ring seats, and others had the option of giving them several as a bribe. One thing I noticed was that by the time I got to the last few - even being stingy with the seats, since I don't like to create problems for future generations - that the number I could give away to a single clan had shrunk; by the time I got to the last clan, it said: "How many seats would you like to give them? 1...1" Obviously, I'd reached a limit of some kind. I never actually kept track of how many seats I'd promised, however (and that game soon got restarted). If you've got a game saved right before you build a tribe, you might try doing the same thing - offer as many seats as possible and see if/when you run out.

        I'm sure I've got a game saved somewhere if you'd like me to do the same.

        Dave Harper