Re: Wishlist

From: Jonathan Wight <JWight_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:21:28 -0600

On 11/1/00 11:58 AM, "Dave Harper" <dharper_at_...> wrote:

> -Making geography more important to the game...maybe it is and I just
> can't tell. It would have been nice to see locations of ore or bone on
> the map, say, and know I might lose one in a war or to a new tribe - or
> grab an extra from a neighbour. For that matter, it would have been
> really nice to see where the town was on the map, despite the fact that
> I never had it for very long.

Having a very simplistic resource mining/gathering sub-game would be cool. I was also overjoyed when I first built the town but the gaming ending so soon after was a let down. The town should have been a part of the game... Oh well. I donšt think the game should quit when you 'win' continuing afterwards is great fun some times (esp. In the Civ style games).

> -More interaction on the Tribal council...the politics of the tribe was
> probably the most fun for me, and it would have been nice to see more
> specifics and more troubles. Who had more seats? Who was stirring up
> trouble? For that matter, every time someone asked me to make a
> decision on a case in the tribe, I ended up with my nobles advising me
> about who would be better to kiss up to...nobody ever said 'I think X is
> lying' or 'Y is obviously in the right!'. Did I just have machiavellian
> nobles, or doesn't the game care if I'm fair?

I really didn't feel the Tribe had much effect on the game. Every so often the king would die and I'd try to get one of my nobles elected but that was about it. Maybe I am missing something? Is it possible to have diplomacy between tribes?

Also one other question... What can I do to prevent the loss of so many explorers. What trait (I'm assuming combat) and god is the best combo? Exploring is much more deadly in a 'normal' difficulty game than it is in a 'easy' game.

    Jon.