Re: pigs; starvation

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:13:37 -0800

Roderick

> > Pigs were the unofficial mascot of the project...
>
> Having had to take care of the stinky brutes, I have no love for them
> (Piglet or Freddy (Freddy the Detective? what the H**l was that? I never ran
> into him) or any other "cute" representation not withstanding). They are
> large, mean, crafty, smelly, impervious to anything smaller than a
> two-by-four...

Trust you farmers to ruin everything for us city folk...

Jonathan

> > You didn't fail any heroquests or pick up any fertility-related
> > curses, did you?
>
> I have failed the Ernalda feeds the tribe, but that was several years ago.
> No fertility related curses AFAIK, I'll check the history but I don't think
> so. Sacrificing to my Ancestors to reveal info about curses says nothing.

A failed heroquest doesn't count as being cursed, on the grounds that curses are from external sources.

Looking at the code, I think that the only crop-related penalty in this quest is to your very next harvest.

Bryan's suggestions all seemed good.

> No haven't had that but have had two nobles with the same portraits. I guess
> identical twins (even though they were not the same age).

Must be relatives... In theory, faces are only supposed to recycle in a very long running game. It is possible to have a leader who worships more than one deity, though I believe they only count once in the 7-different-gods check.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.