Re: shrines (Kero Fin and Vinga)

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:40:50 -0800

Bryan

> In the rule book it implies that getting the shrine to
> Kero Finn is one of the steps towares winning the long
> game. Does anyone know if it is essential (i.e. has
> anyone won without getting the shrine)?

Although a shrine to Kero Fin gives a bonus in a few places, we tried hard not to make victory depend on a single chance element, and you don't need the shrine to win.

> On a mostly unrelated note, and this one probably only
> Dave could answer.... When the game looks at the
> temples you have built to assign the benefits of hero
> magic, do your Vingans benefit from your Orlanth
> temple? Or are they doomed to get only minor benefits
> given that they can't have more than a shrine to their
> goddess?

Vingan worshippers have their own shrine, but it can channel Heroism magic to them. Just not to the same degree as a Great Temple.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.