Lazy Evil?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:00:39 -0800 (PST)

I'm a fan of the "summons of evil" ritual. You sacrifice some goods, and you get to deal with your ancient enemy. Depending on the enemy, it is usually good for some magic, and often for some fertilizer (I'm also a fan of Maran Gor's earthblood blessing!)

I'm in the early part of a new game, with the salty lord of the sea as our ancient enemy. The nifty thing about floods is that, if you can afford to give away stuff after all that you've lost, it does wonders for your reputation, and will often even end a feud or two. Sort of like a more expensive but easier Challana Arroy quest.

Floods have been absenting themselves, however, so I finally did the summons of evil ritual. Our ancestors agreed to do so, we formed the circle, then awaited the arrival of our ancient foe.......

.....and we are still waiting. We did the ritual at the start of Dark Season. I've played it through to the beginning of Fire season (presumably after the flood season) twice now, with no flood. One time I even tried again in Sea season, but again we got into Fire season with no flood.

Has anyone else had such lazy evil? If so, what was your opponent?

Sad as it is to say, we need that flood....

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. http://shopping.yahoo.com/