Re: Re: Sir Egotist

From: Dave Harper <dharper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:57:45 -0500

>> 	What ARE you talking about?  Who is this Egotist person?

> Sir Ethelrist (who I've never met in KoDP, but from what I know of
> him in RQ/HW/Glorantha probably would be a bit of an Egotist) is the
> leader of the Black Horse Troop, the guys who show up riding strange
> black beasts that aren't QUITE horses... actually, they're demons he
> caught & tamed, and now breeds over to the West of DP, north of the
> Grazers. The BHT are psudo-medaeval by Gloranthan standards,
> sorcerous, and use steel (not Iron, but steel, from the Lunar
> Empire). They are regarded as amongst the finest mercenaries in
> Glorantha, so training with them would be handy, but I'm not sure
> it's an option I would take... his politics don't agree with any clan
> I'd be likely to run :)

   Oh...interesting. That's almost always one of the first encounters I get when exploring my Tula, but my response (based the results of my first encounter with him) has always been to trade - I generally get rid of Blacktail in return for one of the two administration treasures he offers. I don't know exactly what they do, but given their descriptions, it's always seemed worth it to try.

   Dave