Re: terminology

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:12:34 -0800 (PST)

My thoughts on interesting new event ideas: either:
1)one that is most likely to happen in the early years (pre-tribe at least), when some
shaman/mystic/trickster type figure shows up, saying he heard whispers on the wind that the seed of a new thing had been planted, and that whisper led him to your clan. If you treat him well he'll bless the clan stead, perhaps giving a point or two of magic, very low losses in stored food that year, or some other minor thing helpful for a struggling new clan. Basically a random "help you get your feet under you" sort of event.

2) A new encounter for explorers in "vanilla" areas of the map. Perhaps a group of bandits who offer to help you raid an enemy, giving you excellent chances to evade patrols, but hurting your repuation? (granted, somewhat similar to the existing event with the praxians)? Or perhaps your explorers find a nest of bandits that you can raid and (hopefully) wipe out, resulting in less bandit activity for a few years?

These would be my top 2 categories for a new event, at any rate.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. http://shopping.yahoo.com/