Re: Re: escorts and disappearing treasures

From: Bill McJohn <billmc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:46:57 -0800

James & Corinne write:

> Possible spoiler below....
>

> Has anyone ever had any success in retrieval of the "your magic artifact
> that went mysteriously missing in the night"? Every party we've ever sent
> to get it disappears without a trace. Is posting a reward more effective,
> or should we figure that the Treasured Snark was easy-come, easy-go?

Definite spoiler:

I remember at least once, when I had high magic (and, I think, Odayla's Tracking blessing), I performed a divination which responded 'at least n people will die if you try to get it back'. I sent out a party, and sure enough...
but I got my treasure (or was it clan regalia?) back.

Bill McJohn