Re: regalia; divination; sheep; Absent minded god-talkers?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:57:53 -0800

Dave asked

> On a related note, does anybody know what the tribal regalia DOES?

They can help the first king pass the rites of kingship.

> > Yup, sometimes divinations are correct :-)
>
> Tease.

Well, they are usually worth doing, but as with just about any action in the game, there's a possibility of failure. Someone has to *perform* the divination after all, and if you don't have someone on the clan ring with a good Magic skill, or your clan magic is low, the omens are murkier.

> I've never run out of sheep, but I have noticed a definite trend towards
> them going down in the games I've played without the patch. Specifically,
> after building a mere handful of shrines, the news would always be
> five or six
> fewer sheep than the year before. Which isn't so bad - I figured my traders
> could always balance it out,

Just to let you know: you will never literally run out of sheep, your traders will indeed make emergency purchases (at unfavorable rates).

> great temples especially don't seem worth it

Great Temples are unusual and notable, and give a few bonuses just for that fact.

Bryan

> yesterday when I saved it said I needed to learn one
> of Urox's blessings, I think (it was somebody's
> blessings, at any rate). When I started the game back
> up, it told me that that the Alynx spirits had chased
> off the vermin.

Where exactly are you saving? It's possible there's a bug if you save at some point during Sacred Time.

Guy

> Thanks, David! You might want to check the link for
> WeGoRaiding.mp3, however; it leads to WeDidIt.mp3.

I believe the link is now fixed.

Leka

> I recently have uninstalled the KODP from my computer and now I want
> to install it again. Do I have also to install all patches or just
> the last one?

You just need to install the 1.5 update (and it will update any version).

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.