Whipping clan is a good thing

From: Peter Mcaveney <pmcaveney_at_...>
Date: 26 Jan 2001 13:34:54 EST

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...> wrote:
> Excessive kicking is bad? Why? We've usually aimed to have a single feud
going, simply to have a raid target.

I think this is a great strategy (which is why I invented it independently) ... no, you can't put that clan in your tribe, but you'll have lots of other neighbors. I've never had trouble finding clans to include. Usually I find too many candidates.

On the harder settings, especially, you will start with a feud against a war clan which will try its darndest to make YOUR clan its pet whipping boy. Unless your clan is far towards the peace end of the scale I doubt you'll be able to end the feud and make the peace stick. You'd might as well adopt this strategy. Once they're weakened you can make quite a profit from raiding them yearly, without much risk of loss.

You do want to restrain yourself enough so that they don't fold up the tents, though. They might move to a new spot without easy access for your raiding parties.

Of course, this doesn't fit well into a peacenik strategy. There's more than one path to victory.