Re: enemies, ducks, and treasures

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:56:10 -0800 (PST)

The game
> ignores all my hard work, putting in events that
> shouldn't have happened and
> almost never making reference to the agreements. As
> far as I can tell, they're
> just there to make it easier or harder at the
> clan-making dance, and frankly,
> my leaders are usually so charismatic and my clan so
> wealthy it doesn't matter.

Dang, I'd like to know your secret for getting so wealthy! My current clan has been having a rather rough time of it....it's already 1344 and they are only just getting to tribe making, and I'm afraid they'll have to manage it on a shoestring budget. (Odd, considering this was the first time I chose as the earliest famous event Jested's settlement, which gives good bargaining). How few clans do you need for a tribe?

I do agree with you that one of the few general things about the game that I wish were handled differently was the tribal agreements. I know at the first moot there is a bunch of haggling going on, which may change the agreements that you had made, but I'd like to see the final draft of the tribal constitution, as it were. I'd also love to be able to see which clan has how many (or even which) seats on the tribal ring--at the very least, an occasional pop up box announcing that your Humakt war leader was just acclaimed onto the tribal ring, or that your Ernaldan just lost her spot because an Ernalda god-talker of another clan just completed a hero-quest and all the clans wanted her wisdom on the ring. Just one of those colour things.

Mind you, this is a rather minor quibble given how many incredibly great things that there are about the game!

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. http://auctions.yahoo.com/