Re: treasures, profits, and Kallyr

From: James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:47:48 -0500

> > I also wonder what advantage moving "as many carls as possible" into
> > crafters will do, since your council will inform you that above a
> > certain (quite small) number, additional crafters adds nothing to
> > goods.
>
>Goods seem to have to be traded away before making a profit.

Are you *sure*? We often see reports of N goods produced and a much smaller number as our market profit. Also, the number of goods tended to rise by a smallish number every turn or season (can't recall which), which implied, to us, that there was a stockpile of Good Stuff somewhere, not yet traded away but sitting around to be handed out by the Ring.

>Lately I have taken to assign only 20 to 30 crafters, and rather
>hasten to build up the Issaries temple.

We usually get to the state of having lots of goods by making a small or medium sized Issaries temple, and maxing out the crafters. Goes to prove, I suppose, that "there is always another way". 8)

As a complete side note, we finally won the Long Game (on easy, yes 8) and, as a bonus, did it both with and because of Kallyr. Our clan was headed into a death spiral, with no leaders worthy of note - and up she pops. Best leader in the clan, so she's Clan Chief almost instantly, and with Vinga's Comb she was reasonably decent. She survived an Aroka heroquest (which killed our previous best leader), and soon we had her as Tribal Queen. She was Queen of Dragon Pass before she was 30.

As a side bonus, she never once asked to go away and get killed in a far-away land - possibly because that gets nixed by being head of the Tribe?

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
jscm_at_...