Re: Re: Re: White Deer

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:52:39 -0800

> --- Roderick and Ellen Robertson <> Here it's cows or
> Some idiots
> > drive the roads at 50 or
> > 60 mph, probably trying to get to the bar.
>
> Hey, I didn't know that you lived in west Quebec! *L*
> (west quebec is one of the few places I know where the
> speed limit is often higher than the safe driving
> speed of the roads....and the locals still exceed it,
> since they feel quite safe as long as they have that
> solid yellow line between their tires.)

The normal attitude is "we'll talk our half out of the middle".

I'm in the hills near Yosemite, we still have dirt roads (partially due to an argument between the road chief and one of our neighbors 20 years ago...). Our valley used to have a general store, but it burned down back in the thirties. Speed limits are for wimps - you drive what you feel is safe...

> Mind you, the Lunar's probably make cracks about how
> the Orlanthi risk their necks galloping their horses
> through woods in the middle of thunder-storms. Us
> evil "civilized" types seldom approve of the fun and
> freedom loving backwoods types.

These Lunars are crazy (hit head with forefinger)