Re: Needs counsel

From: Markus Battarbee <battery_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:09:05 +0200

Sergi Diaz wrote:
> Hello everybody!
> I'm in my first hard game, and I'm near the end.
> [snip] is it possible to win the game without [snip]?

The first long game I played I didn't win. And I absolutely loved it. Someone else became King of Dragon Pass (I think the king of Tarsh), and although I had done a lot of the stuff necessary, I was left watching the ceremony from far behind. It felt *GOOD* to be able to play a game through, without being wiped out, and yet not winning. I was a part of wonderful events, I had an impact, but it felt like the game world didn't revolve around me. And KoDP is especially wonderful, because something like this may fail, and there isn't a clear "reason why". Sometimes you're the chosen one, sometimes not.

For all you who haven't lost the game yet - try it. It's a new kind of experience. ;)

-B