baby boom?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:47:38 -0800 (PST)

I've noticed something odd with my latest clan.....maybe I'm giving them too much free time or something, but without putting sacred time magics into children, without having ernalda's bless children blessing active, without even Kero Finn's maternal blessing.....we keep producing a lot of kids.

In most clans, at least early in the game when the population is small, without anything unusual going on, we would normally have about 20 babies each year. Typically each point of children sacred time magic would raise that by about 10 kids.

With this clan, we have more like 30 kids each year, and the one year we put a point of magic into children we ended up with 56 new babies!

It is getting to the point of seriously considering making annual sacrifices to Vinga just to cut down on the fertility, as feeding all these kids is getting challenging (and we are about to have a very bad harvest--ouch!).

So, can anyone suggest--in game choice terms, not what the carls are busy doing terms--why we might be having so many kids?

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?