RE: oops [re: baby boom?]

From: Roland Volz <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:14:23 -0500

>Hmmm, I just went back and checked a selection of
>other old saved games, and I guess most clans do have
>more than 20 babies most years.
>Sorry to have botherd the list with a completely wrong
>observation.

It's not something to be sorry about if it sparks intelligent discussion!

I've noticed something similar. Normally, I've played short games; rarely in a short game do I manage to get a Kero Fin shrine. I've had to make due with ordinary sacrifices to Ernalda, and heroquests. This time, running the long game, I got the KF shrine and noticed a huge change immediately. In the short games, I would typically have between 20-30+ kids a year, in the thirties if I had my Ernaldan blessings up (once I had the "We'll have many children this year" oracle during sacred time, set my blessings in order and heroquested, and I got 46 children). This game that pattern continued... until I got the KF shrine. I've had 50-60+ kids for the last three years, since I did the Ernaldan HQ. Just how much of a difference does KF's blessing make, anyway?

Roland