RE: Re: A cattle bug

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:41:31 -0800 (PST)

and speaking of bugs.....

This one is really minor, and even a little beneficial, but it is still odd. On a number of occasoins (possibly all with the same clan but I'm not positive), we've had a trading mission return and announce something like "we traded for 10 cows." Note the lack of notice of what they traded away. Now, we have some pretty slick hagglers in our clan, but to get 10 cows for nothing sounds like a little much, even for a heroic bargainer. At the same time, we were probably looking to trade for a lot more cows than that, and really didn't mind giving up some food or horses, which is why we tick those little boxes saying that we'll sell those things.

--Bryan (currently the wyter to the X-orri, Y-orri, and Z-orri clans. Preliminary results say that clans don't develop predictably enough to be able to run small sample comparison tests!)

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/