horse bug

From: Bender the Robot <bendertherobot_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:51:41 -0500

Hey, everyone:

    The horse bug does go away (at least this once) after your number of horses goes to zero. I traded away a couple of my last horses for the dwarf thralls, knowing full well that this was going to be a Bad Deal. My question: has anyone traded for dwarf food and hung onto it, then bought the dwarf thralls? Can you keep them alive that way?

    As for my sudden inexplicable loss of 200 cows, looking back it looks ilke that was due to their being taken as part of the fine to the tribe. Ouch. I thought that the 100+ goods they took was the fine. The episode reminded me of Monty Python's Piranha Brothers: Interviewer: "Another man who had his head nailed to the floor was Stig O'Tracey. Stig, I've been told that Dinsdale Piranha nailed your head to the floor. ... Why?"
Mobster: "Well he had to, didn't he? I mean, be fair, there was nothing else he could do. I mean, I had transgressed the unwritten law." Interviewer: "What had you done?"
Mobster: "Er, well, he never told me that. But he gave me his word that it was the case, and that's good enough for me with old Dinsy."

Never did find out how the clan transgressed the unwritten law.

--Matt