Re: Questing

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:15:35 -0800 (PST)

Really? Do you have any examples? Is it possible that the "proper choices" are not what you thought they were? I have to say I've never seen the proper choice not there. One apparent exception is when you send a female quester on the Orlanth and Aroka quest, the option to seduce will not show up at the same point.

sometimes, when I choose
> the correct response
> (Challenge a test of strength) it is judged
> incorrect.

Propably not incorrect. You made the right choice, but failed anyways. None of the quests are automatic, even if you fully know the myths and make all of the right choices. With a sufficiently strong quester, enough magic, lots of supporters, and appropriate behavior leading up to the quest attempt you should seldom fail, but in less ideal conditions failure is a real possibility. Mind you, failing at one event doesn't automatically make you fail the quest. For example, you can fail at the contest of strength, but still convince Vadrus to attend the moot.

Also, I am having
> problems getting the quest info, itself. How do you
> get the quests? When
> I sacrifice to get mysteries, how can I maximize
> getting HQ info?

It is more or less random when you get mysteries and when you learn a blessing, I think. Quite possibly not completely random, but I don't think there is much in the way of short term stuff that you can do to affect it. As for learning the quests, the obvious way is just keep sacrificing. There are various events where you can also learn the details of a myth.

After I
> get all mysteries, and cannot sacrifice anymore, I
> will not let me
> sacrifice for mysteries. Is there any benefit to
> continued sacrifice?

You can't keep sacrificing for mysteries, but you can always sacrifice something to any god, no matter how big your temple is (the game is clever that way). When you sacrifice for a blessing that your temple doesn't have locked in, you get the blessing for a year, and you please the god (good to do before questing to him or her). There are also various instant result sacrifices you can make to some gods (any of Challana Arroys, divinations from LM or ancestors, summons of evil from ancestors).

I hope this helped.

Regards;

Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?