Re: Re: Payback is.......next to impossible?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

This is in fact exactly what I was attempting to do. That is, due to intensive heroquesting (and the fact that historically this clan has never had many people owing them favors, right from 1329), we ended up owing favors to all seven other clans in the tribe. I didn't think that was a good situation, so we started a program of intensive gift giving. What we found, however, was that even with 2 or 3 points of magic in diplomacy and with sivlertongue blessing running, it took massive gifts to "buy off" a favor, and that with some clans--our allies of all people--we haven't even yet found how massive a gift we need to be forgiven a favour.

Mind you, maybe I worry too much, except for our ancestral whipping boy and a recent band of malcontents that we split off from our clan every other clan in the territory is well disposed to us. They may think we are leeches, but at least we are likeable leeches!

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/