Re: Keeping The clan small

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:03:18 +0300

>I start growing the clan too large (over 1000 people) and regardless
>if I have 2000+ food and well over 200 lots worth of excess
>wilderness in land, the people complain there is not enough
>land/food.

Just raid for some more land. If you have a large clan, you probably also have lots of footmen...

>My basic problem is that I'm all for keeping the clan small during
>the first 10-15 years while I'm pre-tribal but somehow I'm drawing in
>too many people.

What for? The bigger your clan is, the more magic (as well as footmen... and goods... and....) you'll have in your use. I routinely have 1500-4000 people, which gives me something around 20+ magic points per year. I've often had over 120 points of magic.

The only real problem seems to be that the morale of the clan is pretty low, as the fools keep demanding a smaller clan. Oh well, that's a small price to pay for all the other advantages you get.