Re: Keeping The clan small

From: jaspire_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:33:45 -0000

It's relatively easy to grow a tribe over time, provided your borders are well-patrolled, you've built up your defenses, and you've performed the right rituals (and built the right shrines and temples) to insure prosperity and friendly intertribal relations. In other words, once you've succeeded doing everything else to move ahead successfully in the game, your population just naturally increases.

My problem has always been limiting tribal size, not increasing it. I don't want a bloated population, since a year or two of famine could result in massive starvation and one very pissed off group of Nordic people. I prefer keeping my tribe well within the 1000-1200 range, so that any famine can be quickly offset with saved provisions or, if necessary, provisions purchased from friends.