Re: mtplay 95 error

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:07:25 -0700

James

> Playing my first long game on easy and come 1358 earth season, the
> game pops up with an 'mtplay95 error' and the game bombs out.
>
> I went back to a save a few years prior and and on the same date, the
> game crashes.
>
> Anyone know what causes this and just how far back I need to go in
> order to skip the event that's dropping me?

This is almost certainly the followup from some earlier situation, as you've guessed. We just fixed one such problem relating to ownership of the Black Spear (this will be in the 1.6 update I hope to make available for testing later today).

We always recommend using the latest update -- if anyone isn't using 1.5, they should do so!

(I've already e-mailed James asking for the saved game files, from which we can debug.)

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.