Re: Newbie questions

From: Martin Crim <martincrim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:47:26 -0400

At 07:18 PM 06/06/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I got KoDP just recently and am really fascinated by it. I do have a
>couple of questions though:
>
>If the omens say the harvest is going to be poor this year, what crop
>should I emphasize? Which to de-emphasize?

Emphasize rye, de-emphasize wheat. I find that 13% is the minimum to avoid irritating the grain goddesses. You can get away with less rye or wheat for one year, but never barley.

>Which actions are "free actions"? I.e., sometimes I like to look at
>my Clan screen before deciding what to do next, or look at my farming
>screen before going to the Magic screen. But when I do this time
>will pass, even though I didn't DO anything on any of those screens!
>Please help... 8-)

The only way time will pass is if you, for example, look at the Reorg screen and click reorg rather than X, or adjust your fields and pastures on the farming screen. Free actions include: changing blessings, changing crop ratios, reviewing crafter assignments (click on X to get out), pretty much anything else where you click on X to get back. Actions generally occur when you move a slider (with the exception of crop ratios) or click on a word box within a subscreen (such as Send a trade mission or emissary, or Explore).

>Thanks in advance
>Mike

Hope this helps.