leader's foibles

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

> When I show people KoDP, I always hope that I get a
> good range of wackos in
> the initial set of nobles, so I can point out that
> "they have personal
> agendas - look there! The event is about trading,
> and that laddie thinks
> we must go kill elves...." 8) I don't know how
> much trouble it was to
> add them in, but the agendas and foibles add a lot
> to the ring's feel of
> realism.

I do like that each of them, if left on the ring long enough, can cause trouble. They go hunting elves, chase off to fight a chaos monster, get the women mad at the men, kill a neighboring cheiftan's children, or whatever. I've actually taken very skilled leaders off my ring when I think certain things are too sensitive to leave them in place. It really is one of those really nice finicky bits of the game that help elevate to such a high level.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more. http://buzz.yahoo.com/