game winnable without the Silver Dragon?

From: Bender the Robot <bendertherobot_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:37:02 -0400

All:

    Is it possible to win the long game without the Silver Dragon? I seem to be stuck at the town-making stage, being unable after 4 tries to get the two warring kings to agree to make a town. I have Literacy, Oath, and Silvertongue running, an Issaries godtalker on the ring with excellent bargaining, and a tribal queen with renowned leadership. However, I lost the Silver Dragon when a stray bolt of sorcerous magic from the Pharaoh's minions melted it (one of the least rationalizable outcomes of any event, BTW). That was 40 years ago. I want to know: has anyone else won the long game without the SD?

--M