Re: Re: question for David

From: Captain Button <button_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:45:06 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:06:56 +0100, "Milos Rasic" <mrasic_at_...>
> wrote:
>
> >I know that rules are not Hero Wars subsystem of RuneQuest,
>
> hmm... sounds like you have a radically wrong idea of what Hero Wars
> is... although it's a RPG set in Glorantha, it bears no resemblance
> whatsoever to the RuneQuest mechanics (well, you roll a D20, like in
> RQ2, and you want to roll low for success, but barring that...). Two
> completely separate game systems, mechanically.

Not even that. Runequest used D100s, percentile dice. Although some heretics claimed this was the same as a D20 for practical purposes, since most rolls were against some integer multiple of 5%.

Rolling low was still the object, true.

--
"We have to go forth and crush every world view that doesn't believe in
tolerance and free speech," - David Brin