Far Side of Dragon Pass

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:10:20 -0800 (PST)

While playing KODP recently my explorers encountered one of those lovely frothing shamans, who warned something to the effect of:

"Soon a family from Esrolia will come and petition to join your clan, after that you must build a temple to Lankhor My or giant ugly people with flat feet will flatten you all."

We welcomed the news of the incoming family, since we were a smidgen short of farmers at the time, and we ignored the rest and carried on--we didn't have the time or resources to build a temple to the Knowing God at that moment.

Back in the real world, I have the annual "Far Side" desk calendar--this year is the last year for these collections of Gary Larson's "Far Side" cartoons. Yesterday's comic shows a man walking along the sidewalk, coming up to the corner of the building. Coming to the corner from the other way you see only giant, webbed, bird feet. The caption reads "Harold would have been on his guard, but he thought the old gypsy woman was speaking figuratively."

When I read that I had a sudden urge to boot up KODP and build that temple immediately!

--Bryan (sorry if this was rambling, in my mind it all makes sense....)

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/