Re: Re: Children

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:46:35 -0800 (PST)

Dave;

It is possible that this is a feature not a bug....perhaps after I made the comment others chimed in, and this just happened to be after 1.6 came out.

For example, a common pattern that I have is early in the game I have a surplus of kids (adults being killed off by all the raids, and initiating 20 kids a year while having 33 babies, etc). So I put no magic at all into children for years. Then, suddenly, a lot of those children grow up, and I either initiate 110 kids one year, or get the surge spread over a few years. Suddenly I have more adults than kids, and I'm losing less adults to warfare. If the program tracks the rough age distribution of the adults, perhaps those newly initiated adults aren't having many babies yet, and if I'm too busy or distracted or stretched to put magic into helping them, well, it will leave the clan vulnerable to anything that hurts our fertility or kills off many kids.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email! http://mail.yahoo.com/