Odd bug in 1.6

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:24:03 +0200

I was playing KoDP, and had just sent away a team of explorers. I'm not sure of what exactly happened, but after sending the explorers away, I saw both the explore and the close buttons in the exploration screen dimmed out. Pressing the close button brought up the wrist watch for the fraction of a second, but didn't do anything else. I tried sending away another party of explorers, figuring that sooner or later an event would pop up, forcing the exploration screen to closer. And indeed, after sending away some people to explore our own tula, I heard the music change to that of an event, but I still remained in the exploration screen, and I could even send out more adventurers (even though the explore button was also dimmed out)! Seeing that the event music only continued after that, I didn't see any other choice than Ctrl-Alt- Del out of the game.

This is definitely the first time I've encountered this bug. I'm (obviously) running the Windows version.

"The great thing about America is everybody should vote." -- George W. Bush, Austin, Texas, Dec. 8, 2000 ICQ 18051088/AIM Xuenay/MSN Xuenay_at_...