Re: Ancestors: Summon ancient enemies

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 06:11:56 -0700 (PDT)

Perfectly good action to take. If you hadn't sacrificed to your ancestors appropriately you would have been told about it the next sacred time.

> A few season after, great number of beastmen raid
> us.

As long as a few seasons? Wow, that is a long delay, but I've not really played with the beastmen as enemies, maybe it takes them longer to show up, or maybe it depends on the season you perform the sacrifice in.

> The success was extremely strong: our kin near 0 and
> enemy warriors
> ~40 killed and ~90 injuried.
> A great success.
>
> Question1:
> How did impact the clan and more the tribe a success
> or victory
> versus former enemies ? What are the consequences ?
> Someone have an
> idea ?

I believe it makes your clans folk happier. When France beats Germany or England in football, it doesn't really change anything....yet it makes the country happier for a while.

The exact effects of beating your ancient enemy seems to vary a little by the enemy. When your enemy is the winter and you defeat the ice demons in combat, or your enemy is the water and you succesfully re-enact the battle of the beating waves (or whatever the exact name is), your clan magic will go up. When your enemy is the troll you seldom gain magic from defeating them (although perhaps having the iron spike helps?), however it helps keep people happy, and if you have the earthblood blessing it helps the crops. I'm not too sure about the results of beating the praxians or beast folk.

> Question2:
> In my case, did this honor our ancestors correctly ?
Yes
> Is it the best way to sacrifice to our ancestors ?
Best? Depends on what you needed. If you didn't want information about the land or about curses, and you were strong enough to fight the beastfolk, then it was probably appropriate.

> Question3:
> Did ancestors help us (a little) during the battle ?

I don't know if you get help when you do summons of evil or not. At least you get to fight them when you are ready, which has to help a little bit.

> After a while, Duck Bearers ask for joining our
> tribe ???
>
> Question4:
> As the duck ask us for joining our tribe (as a
> consequence of their
> previous defeat after we sacrificed to ancestors) ?
> Or else ?

I would guess that this event doesn't look at who your ancient enemy is. You see this event with many different clan set-ups. What were the ducks' attitude towards you at the time (red? blue?). Perhaps if you hadn't been raiding them and had lots of diplomacy magic you were actually on good terms with them.

> Question5:
> Has someone succeed a tribe with a Duck Bearer clan
> inside ?
> In my case, beastmen are my former enemies, it is
> really difficult ?
> Let Me Know

Most often I've gotten the ducks to join not as part of the tribe as such, but as something like an ally of the tribe. I think at least once I got them to join all the way (but I'm not positive about that).

The only time I chose beastmen as my ancient enemy I was attacked by a huge force, my tula destroyed, most of the people (and ring members) killed or enslaved, and most of our livestock driven off. We disolved the clan after that. Therefore, I know nothing about what happens if you bring the ducks into the tribe when you are ancient enemies.

Generally when tribe building I try to avoid clans that are enemies with our friends, and try hard to include clans that hate my enemies. There is a clan that hates the beastfolk, but I forget what their description is. Anyway, if they are in your tribe, your defeat of the beastment could have improved the tribe mood, I don't know.

Have fun!

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness http://health.yahoo.com