Re: Can computers tell gender?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:13:24 -0700

Bryan

> My clan chief died
> young of a mystery disease that had also carried off her father and
> grandfather, but she claimed that her death would end the curse.
> Anyway, in the text box, twice it accurately referred to "her" but once
> referred to "his" in the same piece of text! I guess there are various
> ways things can get confused.

I'd almost forgotten about this scene -- what you describe happened would be a bug, but I can't spot it. Oh wait, yes I can. It happened when she told the poem to the male lawspeaker, I'll bet.

Easy to fix, but I'm not sure I'll get to it -- I really should just package up the 1.7 I have now.

> The very first thing that happens after the quest
> is finished, before we even take another action, is that the tribal
> thanes gather and demand that the king step down!

Well, they'd clearly sent their delegation before you started the quest... They would have been much easier to deal with after the quest, however.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com