choose your enemies wisely.

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:54:49 -0800 (PST)

**this is pretty much one big spoiler, you've been warned**

When choosing your ancestral enemy:

-If it is Vadrus's kin, their attacks are usually something you can
beat off, and doing so increases your magic noticeably (although it can cost you a thane or two), and you get better ability to raid in the winter, something which increases your magic (although you lose magic when you get blocked by the weather).

I'm not aware of any benefits per se of having the elves, praxians, or beastmen as enemies. The praxians don't seem to attack too often, but of course you can't recruit the bird riders. The beastmen make relationships with the ducks rather difficult of course. I admit I've never played with the elves as enemies.

So, does anyone see any benefits to any of the various ancient enemies that I've missed?

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com