Re: links; team; Earthshaker Plow Team; sources

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 11:04:11 -0800

Kent

> Ooow come on, don't torture me like this hehe.
> Go on then, whic one scene that I always play the same?

As long as people are buying the game (and direct sales for Dec 2002 were about twice Dec 2001!) I'm not going to divulge that kind of secret.

> > Yeah, external links sometimes break. So can you provide a complete

>>  URL that does work? I can't figure it out from your hint.

> -----
> http://www.idevgames.com/articleshow.php3?id=12
> there, just remove the show in front of id, got it to work by trial and
> error myself

That link doesn't work, which is why I asked.

> Also, the FBI review link is broken. Happy Puppy one seems gone too.

External sites come and go. The Happy Puppy site was essentially gone for a while, I think it's back (even if all the old content might not be).

> > Mike Raabe's picture is in the game.

> Hmm guess from my luck I won't ever get to know which one is him.

It's the advisor who looks like Mike Raabe.

> As long as
> I know which one is David Dunham I can rest in peace knowing that I can
> torture the poor guy in game whenever the living one tortures me with his
> riddles.

Most of the team appears as advisors, and all the team members who are in the game will appear in the first few years if you press 'O' from the initial screen. (No big secret here, I think this is on one of the fan sites.)

Milos

> I don't think that Plow team has any significant effect because
> it doesn't appear as Magical Item (am I wrong?)

You are wrong, they are a magical treasure which has an effect. (Check the list which I think is on Oliver's fan site.)

Alex

> Reading the book certainly makes the game more interesting, and
> playing the game makes the book more interesting.

Excellent!

> Were there any other big sources we should know about?

Probably the Glorantha source (other than Greg Stafford himself) with the most influence would be the Dragon Pass board game, though I wouldn't call it a big source. The Icelandic family sagas are also a major influence.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com