Re: Dunham, Dunham, its .. Dunham, right?

From: KentCave <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:31:02 +0700

Squint your eyes and the revelations will set you free.. hehe

> Subject: Torturing David Dunam
> >
> > > Hmm guess from my luck I won't ever get to know which one is him. As
long as
> > > I know which one is David Dunham I can rest in peace knowing that I
can
> > > torture the poor guy in game whenever the living one tortures me with
his
> > > riddles.
> >
> > There was a photo of him on a site related to the Independant Games
> > Festival award, but I can't find it. Oddly enough, doing an image
> > search on Google for "Dragon Pass" turns up a lot of screen shots.
> > Ah, finally found it after going through a few hundred web pages:
> > http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20010105/brown_03.htm
> >
> > - Alex
>
> David has kindly agreed to be a guest at Gloranthacon and has provided us
with a
> picture. www.gloranthacon.com -> Guests. Of course, you could always come
> Toronto and meet him in person. =)
>
> Jeff, shamelessly plugging Gloranthacon

Well, thanks for the head up, but most KoDP players would have already known how he looks. Psst, its in the FAQ, almost at the bottom, showing his lovely soulmate Elise too. Along with Greg, Stefano, Stan etc. Or just play the easter egg Opal game to get their smug looks hehe. Anyway, anyone notice any special occurences in the opal game that ain't available in the main saga? I didn't and couldn't find anything worth mentioning. Please share your experiences.

> From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
> Subject: Re: links; team; Earthshaker Plow Team; sources
>
> Kent
>
> > Ooow come on, don't torture me like this hehe.
> > Go on then, whic one scene that I always play the same?
>
> As long as people are buying the game (and direct sales for Dec 2002
> were about twice Dec 2001!) I'm not going to divulge that kind of
> secret.

Very glad to see our favourite game getting indecent exposure. Grr wait till I got hold of ya, Thanahart will be proud of my torturous methods improvement. You are such a tease hehe.

I'm glad my sacrifice to Lhankor Mhy has been answered - http://www.idevgames.com/content/article.php?id=12

I am very sure that half, if not more than that, of those links in the reviews gallery has gone to some forgotten godplane. http://www.a-sharp.com/kodp/reviews.html - most of them are gone, guess never to return.

> > > Mike Raabe's picture is in the game.
>
> > Hmm guess from my luck I won't ever get to know which one is him.
>
> It's the advisor who looks like Mike Raabe.

I have never seen him in real life or a picture of him somewhere. There is only an email address of his on KoDP webpage. I assume him to be unshaven and moody looking, just like how Stefano, Stan, Greg. But hey, ain't all those artists looks the same? _at_,-p

> > As long as
> > I know which one is David Dunham I can rest in peace knowing that I can
> > torture the poor guy in game whenever the living one tortures me with
his
> > riddles.
>
> Most of the team appears as advisors, and all the team members who
> are in the game will appear in the first few years if you press 'O'
> from the initial screen. (No big secret here, I think this is on one
> of the fan sites.)

Aye, but we only know few of those that had been revealed. Without showing their real name under their individual picture, we can only guess as much. I know about the 7 initial ring members, and Robin that shows up soon enough.